Peace and Unity Festival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peace and Unity Festival

Post by Concordia Palenix on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:58 pm

Peace and Unity Festival

Harken to me all citizens! Our glorious Emperor has declared an end to our campaign of conquest. The war drums have fallen quiet as we step forward into a new era of peace. Where trumpets rang with the shout of battle, harps and lutes will now lead us in a melody of harmony.
To celebrate this new direction we are to host a grand festival! To reward our soldiers and to present the Empire to the community we will be organising the ‘Peace and Unity Festival’.
The current details are as follows:
Date & Time: TBC
Schedule:
1. Preparation and assembly
2. Opening address
3. Jousting
4. Gladiator matches
5. Horse racing
6. Grand ball

To ensure this event runs smoothly we will need personnel to fulfil a number of roles and to organise specific events. Please raise ideas for events to be run and we will work to make it happen.
Concordia Palenix
General

View user profile http://draconicdungeon.team-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Peace and Unity Festival

Post by Concordia Palenix on Tue Jan 05, 2016 9:59 pm

((Out of Character details))
Date & Time:
I suspect the most convenient time will be around 7pm EST / 6pm CST on a Friday or Saturday night. If we can organise this before this weekend 8th or  9th January these would be my personally preferred dates. Happy to hear other suggestions. These are just the dates that are most preferable to me.
If this timeframe is too tight then I’d suggest later in January or even in February to allow more time to organise.

I suggest either running this event in Wayrest or ‘hosting’ the event at our castle at Alcaire. I am inclined towards hosting at Alcaire to reduce the likelihood of a random troll trying to ruin the fun and less crowded spaces. The downside of course is the reduced ‘foot traffic’ we would gain from random passer-by’s that may be thinking about trying out RP.
My suggested festival map is as follows:

Concordia Palenix
General

Back to top Go down

Post by Concordia Palenix on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:01 pm

Activities:
Open to any and all suggestions here are a few for discussion.

Opening address
I believe Damin will be addressing the crowd here to welcome them to the festival and formally ‘kick-off’ the celebrations. Soldiers are expected to be in dress uniform and in position for this short event. Suggest it occurs in the castle main reception chamber.
Required: All citizens of the empire.

Jousting
In character participation in a jousting tournament. Details of how this will work need to be determined. Whether contestants decide beforehand who will be the victor or if there is another method we will need to have a think.
Required: Event owner, Knights to compete, announcer

Gladiator matches
Tier 1 in character combat in an arena setting. Bouts may need to have a time limit such as each contestant is allowed 5 turns and the winner is judged at the end of the 5th turn.
Required: Event owner, gladiators, announcer/score keeper/referee

Horse racing
Racing in a lap around a predefined circuit. This could be a race outside of the castle grounds around Stormhaven. We will need referees to stand at check points to ensure all contestants complete the full circuit. To simplify matters it could be as simple as one referee standing at the turning point to ensure no contestants cheated.
Required: Event owner, racers, referees

Talent show
Staged production for magicians to perform a routine, jokes to be told, stories to be told, songs sung or any other activity your character would like to show off.
Required: Event owner, contestants

Guards
To provide security for the event we will of course need to have a standing guard force throughout the event. Duties will include patrolling the area, standing guard at key points and where necessary resolving disagreements between guests.
Required: Guard captain, guards

Barkeeper/Kitchen and wait-staff
During the event and throughout the ball we will need to either provide or hire the services of a bar keeper. We can also provide food for our guests courtesy of our castle kitchens.
Required: Barkeeper, Head chef, wait-staff

Couriers ((event promoters))
Couriers are required to help promote the event prior to the day. This could include posting on the official forums, reaching out The Covenant Collective and any other ideas for promoting the event prior to the day. On the day this would include a quick run around to the popular taverns to invite anyone who is RPing to join in the festivities.

Concordia Palenix
General

Back to top Go down

Post by Concordia Palenix on Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:02 pm

Final thoughts
This is a big event. It is not a one man/woman job and will need a combined effort. There is a space for an event owner for each activity because we will need to delegate organisation to individuals who can ensure the sections of the event run smoothly. It may be wise to appoint a secondary contact as well in case an emergency arises and you are unable to be online at the time of the event.

Please volunteer and get involved. The success of this event depends very much upon all of your participation.
Concordia Palenix
General

Back to top Go down

Post by AeiruneMaldvey on Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 pm

If we are doing it this weekend Saturday is the only day that would work, the 7 pm EST should work okay for me.

I would be happy to help out as a guard, and potentially as a promoter earlier that day (probably about 12 hours or so before the event, post promotions every 15 minutes or so doing a circuit around the major zones in the DC and should be able to do that for an hour or so).
AeiruneMaldvey
Legate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damin Cyrod on Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:28 am

We should also offer prizes for the winners of each event. I'll also be talking to Willis about him possibly bringing some of his guards to help with the security. As far as the gladiator fights goes, how many do we think we need? And the judging of them will be from the crowd watching them, their reaction is key to Damin and the fellow judges descision. As for jousting, combatants will only need to run twice before moving to the next round, thusly making it not a time consuming thing.

If there are any other suggestions please mention them

Damin Cyrod
Emporer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:19 am

I can help with organizing the guard posts/patrol routes when the location is officially decided. And as for gladiator matches, I think we should be very selective with the matches and perhaps even require practice for combatants beforehand, as this is also for show. Finding pairs who go well together could increase entertainment value of that event. Also, will there be the possibility of death as well, or is there going to be a rule in place so victors spare the less fortunate combatants? (As always, my brain is yours. Never hesitate to call on me for any type of assistance, even if it's just utilizing my analytical skills.)

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damin Cyrod on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:27 am

I've settled the location should be at our personal keep so that we are hosting it ourselves. And the gladiator event should be pure sport without death. I also agree with you on the practice before hand. Also Face, will you be doing any video coverage of the event?

Damin Cyrod
Emporer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:43 am

Would you prefer it to be streamed on Twitch or recorded for an unedited release on Youtube, or perhaps a cut version highlighting the day's events? Whichever you prefer. Also, is the map submitted by Concordia official in the event locations? I'll hop on and figure out good guard locations if it is.(As soon as the servers are back up, that is. They said on twitter it should be back up by 2:30 Cst.)

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damin Cyrod on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:51 am

Highlighting each event, like a video trailer of sorts.. and the layout is a rough draft for the places, the ball of course will be in the main keep.

Damin Cyrod
Emporer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:01 am

Sweet, I've already got an idea on how to do that. Do a 'Series' uploaded all within a day or 2 of shorter videos each covering 1 event so people can get to which event they are most interested in easier with less irrelevant content to sift through. Also I've got an idea for saving on manpower with servers. We could have the guards double as servers(Have the ones who have some form of formal wear perhaps wear that instead of their armor, but still have their weapons) and have Royal Guard assigned to you Thea, and Alexandria as a personal guard/cupbearer. Then with regular guards have them at their assigned posts when not being hailed for service by a guest. That way guests also can easily find a server when needed, just look to the doorways:).(If you decide to do it this way, you could mention in your opening speech that the servers can be found at doorways when not serving, to make it nice and easy.) And I'm also going to post a link to my discord server if you would like to come in and chat more, Discord is like TS but also has a web browser version that requires no download, just click the link and you can do voice or just text chat there.

EDIT: It appears I'm not permitted to post links, so I'll just message it to anyone interested.

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Concordia Palenix on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:27 am

@Aeirune as Legate, I would like to assign the role of Guard Captain to you for this event if you’re willing. As Guard Captain you will be responsible for organising the guard and monitoring the situations throughout the day. Please work directly with Face to determine guard posts and patrol routes for the day. If Sir Willis will be providing members of the city watch to assist with guard duties they will also report to you for the day.

@Face, happy to change locations on the map as these are only suggested areas (from memory while the server was down). Your idea for guard/servers will help us on numbers, particularly as I expect the servers will only come out during the ball anyway.

There should be a button for ‘insert link’. What is it doing when it won’t let you insert a link? I’ll see if I can have a look to figure it out. Voice comms for helping us organise sounds good. If that doesn’t work we can ‘borrow’ a TS server from one of my other guilds briefly to have a chat.

Comment
If we can get together a list of participants for each event, we can put together a contestant list here to help estimate the turn out and keep track of where everyone is supposed to be during the festival. We could still invite new participants during the day (eg. more people for the horse race is always fine) as well if there is interest.
Concordia Palenix
General

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:30 am

It says new members on the forums can't post links for 7 days. I'll message you the link if you would like to post it.

EDIT: It won't let me post a link in a private message either. Same error.

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Concordia Palenix on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:33 am

FaceChronicles wrote:It says new members on the forums can't post links for 7 days. I'll message you the link if you would like to post it.

EDIT: It won't let me post a link in a private message either. Same error.
For the moment, maybe just copy in the address as plain text and we can all just do the extra step of ctrl-c, ctrl-v into our browser. Thanks for checking!
Concordia Palenix
General

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:35 am

discord.gg/0cv3wpCUf2vA3Phi

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Damin Cyrod on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 am

Maybe for that trailer video we can oraginze that to happen prior to the event so we can mention it to people being in youtube... makes us seem more legit about our events

Damin Cyrod
Emporer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:42 am

Sounds good, I'm logging in now, feel free to chat with me in more detail either there or on discord about how you'd like it:)

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AeiruneMaldvey on Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:49 am

Concordia Palenix wrote:@Aeirune as Legate, I would like to assign the role of Guard Captain to you for this event if you’re willing. As Guard Captain you will be responsible for organising the guard and monitoring the situations throughout the day. Please work directly with Face to determine guard posts and patrol routes for the day. If Sir Willis will be providing members of the city watch to assist with guard duties they will also report to you for the day.

Happy to do so. Can we have the message of the day request those interested e-mail Aeirune in game? I don't know that everyone is yet signed on to the forums and I want to make sure anyone interested can contact me before hand.
AeiruneMaldvey
Legate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Peengas on Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:31 pm

Hey guys, I'd love to help out wherever you need me to. Fridays generally work better for me, as I tend to work late on Saturdays. Just let me know the date and time and what's required of me.

Peengas

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Concordia Palenix on Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Good idea on the message of the day. Currently at work, but I'll uPdate it tonight if it hasn't already been changed by that time.

I'm happy with either day, hopefully it'll go for quite a while so everyone can at least drop by even if they don't stay for the whole event.
Concordia Palenix
General

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:16 pm

I've calculated some of the budget of the festival. 1,000g will go to all Jousters with the winner bringing home 2,500. Gladiators will receive 500g with the victor getting a Psijic Ambrosia(xp boost) potion. As of what I've calculated so far it comes out to:

Jousting: 9500G
Gladiatorial Matches: 3500 + xp Potion
Horse Racing : ???

Current total: 13000G

And another idea I had for the combatants is to model it similarly to the Olympic Games, and ask other guilds to present a champion to represent them in the sport, earning their rewards and honor to their house. We need 8 people for jousting and another 8 for the gladiatorial matches. Perhaps we can also convince the same 8 to do both?

It will also be a tournament style, with the victors of the first matches facing off until it's narrowed down to 1 winner of each event.

The talent show will be held in between the events for entertainment while last minute setup and prep work gets done.

We also need a bartender as well as guards who can double as servers, providing food and drink to guests.

Please post here or contact Damin, Concordia, or I if you have interest in participating in any of the events or wish to be the 'Host' of them. As of now the Ball is to be hosted by Damin, but the rest are open.

You are more than welcome to email me as well with any questions or to voice ideas/wish to participate at : facepunch.ksi@gmail (add .com after gmail)

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by FaceChronicles on Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:31 pm

The budget has been taken care of, thanks to a generous donation from Alexandria! As of now we still need participants in the events, the rewards are a lot better, so be sure and voice any interest as soon as possible, because participants will need to do some extra training before the Festival.

FaceChronicles
Legionaire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Bards seeking employment

Post by Trystyval Lizardbane on Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:37 pm

Arthur bosmerbane and I as well as a friend ((*does not have a name yet but account is in guild)) are bards seeking employment we would love to play at any or all the events. As this weekend is very short notice we would very much appreciate it if the event was pushed back so that we and many others may attend.
Trystyval Lizardbane

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AeiruneMaldvey on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:06 am

i have not yet seen any confirmation on guards for the event, but my on-line time had been limited this week.
AeiruneMaldvey
Legate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top